People, Places & Events Marga Recommends
- Martin Parr - British documentary photographer, photojournalist and photo-book collector
- Nan Goldin - American photographer. She lives and works in New York City, Berlin, and Paris.
- Anders Petersen - Swedish photographer, who lives and works in Stockholm, Sweden
- Bertien van Manen - Dutch photographer
- Viviane Sassen - Dutch photographer- studied fashion design and photography before receiving an MFA from Ateliers Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- Matt Stewart, Siegfried Hansen and the others at http://www.in-public.com/
- Dirk Verschure and Vera Bekema - Illustrator / Designer
- Josh Bauman - Illustrator / Designer
- Niels Kalk (Marga's Boyfriend) - Illustrator / Designer
- Tina Zellmer - Illustrator / Designer
- Wolfgang - Illustrator / Designer
- Martin Leuze - Great German photographer making really cool architecture photos of berlin and other big cities
- Jeonga Choi - Makes beautiful hats
- Zozovile: Johan and Mateo - Create gorgeous Monster Art
- Kleister - Open Air Gallery - Showcasing your art on the streets of Berlin
- Christian Reister initiator of Fenster 61 and also a great photographer
- Tangs Kantine - Chinese Cuisine
- Chez Dang - South East Asian Cuisine
- Misfits - Beautiful Veggie Dishes - Check out their cool Concept!
Events you don't wanna miss!
- Fleemarket at PrincessinGarten - on Sunday once every 2 weeks (Only Spring / Summer - Closed during Winter)
- Fleemarket at Nowkolln - Sunday once every 2 weeks
- C/O Berlin - Photography Exhibitions - opening up at the end of October (I recommend you get a yearly entrance card - costs 40 EUR)
- Monat der Fotografie - A whole month dedicated to photography
- 24 Hour Comics Day - Cartoonists around the world will face the 24 hour comics challenge